Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ribs and Chicken

A few weeks ago I had the UDS fired up for some ribs and chicken, the ribs were for lunches and the chicken we had for dinner that night. As usual my UDS served up some great results and was an ease to cook on. The ribs are pork babyback's, they were slathered in mustard and sprinkled with Head Country before placing on the smoker. I cooked them for close to 6 hours before pulling them off the smoker, at which point I sauced them with honey and Three Little Pigs BBQ sauce. The final product was almost perfect, the meat was just shy of fall off the bone with a wonderful smoke ring and great flavore.

The smoker chugged along at 250 degrees F all day long and needed very little attention. It was a nice calm warm day and we spent most of the afternoon in the backyard playing. I cooked over Ace of Hearts lump charcoal and smoke was provided with chunks of hickory, probably my new favorite.
The chicken was rubbed down with the bbq rub I made at the festival and placed on the smoker. I cooked it four 5 hours and an internal thigh temp of 180 degrees F. I sauced it up with some Famous Daves Sweet and Sassy, then let in carmalize for about 10 minutes. The end result was delicious and the whole family loved it, so it's Tot approved!

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...