Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mexican Pizza!

This recipe is my take on the Casey's Taco Pizza that I have come to really enjoy. If you don't live near a Casey's Gas Station, I'm sorry because your missing out on some really good pizza. Which is something I didn't realize till just a couple of years ago when I started working at a fire station that had a Casey's right across the street from it, I even lived about 6 blocks from one for a number years and still hadn't tried it. My take on this recipe used a lot healthier choices than their pizza, but it was every bit as good. The only down side was that it didn't make the tot approved list, my little girl didn't even want to touch it. But strangely she was good eating all the items like shredded cheese and low fat re-fried beans off her plate, she just didn't like them all cooked on a pizza I guess.
I used this recipe as a way to use up some left over taco's that were setting in my freezer making it even all that much better.

Ingredients
Pre-made pizza crust
Re-fried Beans
Shredded Mozzarella
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Taco Meat
Taco Sauce
Lettuce
Tomatoes

Directions
1. Spread enough re-fried beans to cover the pizza crust, just like pizza sauce.
2. Spread a 1/4 cup of taco sauce over the top of the re-fried beans, just enough to create a thin layer. Then sprinkle with mozzarella, cheddar cheese, and taco meat to cover and place in the oven. Bake the pizza according to the pizza crust instructions or until the cheese is melted.
3. When pizza is finished baking and cheese is melted, remove from the oven and slice. Next take chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and any other favorite taco toppings and place on the pizza.

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...