Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carrot Muffins

My little girl has been going through a little slump on some of her breakfast foods, so I went on the search to find another muffin with hidden vegetables. In my search I came across these over at allrecipes.com and decided I would give them a try. The recipe was easy enough to follow and was completed in 45 minutes, just like the recipe said. The end product was tasty and the carrots were good and soft, so you really don't notice them. Now the sad news is that they were not well received by my soon to be 2 year old. When we would give her one to eat we were lucky to get her to eat even half a muffin, which I have no idea why, as I kind of liked them. They have a sort of light bran muffin flavor with a nice sweetness from the raisins and carrots, warm up in the oven with a little butter and they are delicious. I'm looking forward to having these in the freezer as a quick snack or maybe for breakfast on the go for me.

Ingredients
1 cup raisins
2 cups warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups shredded carrots

Directions
1. Combine raisins and water in a small bowl. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain raisins, discard water and set raisins aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and brown sugar; beat well. Combine egg mixture and flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Fold in carrots and drained raisins. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting.

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...