Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brownies

The other day my daughter was desperately wanting to help me bake some cookies, well she wanted chocolate chip and I didn't have the things to be able to fix those, but I did have stuff for brownies. So after a lot of back and forth about having to go and get stuff or fixing the brownies she finally caved for brownies. Here's where the real fun began, after hunting down a recipe and getting everything ready for her to help she decides to help to "do the dishes", which only means to play in the water. It's at this point where I wound up making the brownies on my own while she played in the water. We both had a good time and made a huge mess of the kitchen, which she managed to find a toy to play with while I cleaned up; I better get used to that I have a feeling. 

The brownies came out delicious! They were nice and fluffy, more cake like than fudge like, with a nice light flavor making them a joy to eat.

Ingredients
1 cup shortening (I substituted in 1 cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Baking Sticks with good results)
8 tablespoons cocoa or 4 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Melt 1 cup shortening and cocoa or chocolate squares in a pan over low heat.

Mix eggs, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, salt, and flour in a bowl until well combined. Next add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350ยบ.
Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...