Friday, January 13, 2012

Simple Waffles On New Waffle Maker

We had an amazing Christmas even though I spent Christmas day at the fire station. My wife surprised me with a gift that wasn't on my list but I had mentioned several times, a waffle maker. She bought me the Black & Decker 3 in 1 Grill, Griddle, & Waffle Maker. So far I love this thing! It's got removable grates, which after the torture of cleaning my last waffle maker those are a must! Also it's got an adjustable thermostat, which I haven't played with a whole lot, but we'll see how helpful that really ease later. I also got me the Chicago Metallic Baking Essentials Cupcake/Batter Dispenser, which is something I really wanted. I've used it about three times and the last time I tried a different recipe that was just to thick for it, but it worked great for the thinner batters.

The first time I decided to use my new waffle maker I used the recipe that was included in the manual, which is a pretty good recipe. It also freezes nicely and I just tossed it in the toaster to warm it up. As you can see this waffle maker makes square waffles, which is actually pretty neat. I'm considering looking for a whole wheat waffle recipe and using it to make a breakfast sandwich.

Ingredients
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. Lightly brush waffle cooking plates with vegetable oil. Close unit and preheat at WAFFLE setting.
2. In medium bowl, Beat until smooth.
3. Pour 1 cup batter evenly on preheated cooking plate. Close unit; bake until light goes out (about 5 minutes).
Makes: 2 (4-sectioned) waffles


Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...