Thursday, January 19, 2012

Giant Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

Oatmeal raisin cookies are my wife's all time favorite cookie, so when I found this recipe in my Cooking Light cookbook I had to make them. If you like your cookies fluffy and light then this is your recipe. My daughter loved making them and eating them, in fact I'm ashamed to say they did not last long.
I apologize for the photo, it's from my phone and it's the only record of these short lived cookies. I wasn't kidding when I said they didn't last very long.

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
2 large eggs
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
1/4 cup regular oats
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans(omitted for peanut allergy)
Cooking spray

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Beat sugar and margarine in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended 9about 4 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt in a bowl. Add to sugar mixtures; beat well. Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans.
4. Drop dough into 24 mounds 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375º for 14 minutes or until almost set. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...