Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Buttermilk Waffles

If you remember, I got a waffle maker for Christmas and I've been on the look out for waffle recipes to try. Well to no surprise the amazing Katie featured this recipe for Buttermilk Waffles and I knew I had to try it. This recipe did not disappoint and has earned a spot in my recipe box, as well as earning a Tot Approved award. I served it up with some bananas drizzled in natural maple syrup, theres no room in my kitchen for the artificial stuff. This is the second recipe I've used in my waffle maker and we have all ready abandoned ever going back to any store bought waffles, we freeze any left overs and then just pop them in the toaster to heat them up. I must give a big thank you to my wife for buying me the waffle maker and to Katie for the delicious waffle recipe.
Ingredients
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temperatue
2 teasoons vanilla
2 cups Pastry or 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teasoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Ina a medium-sized bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter or margarine and vanilla. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until almost smooth.

Spray your waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray before preheating it. For an 8-inch round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming. Yield; about ten 8 inch waffles

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...