Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cowboy Beef and Been Skillet

I found this recipe in Kraft's Food & Family magazine and I thought it sounded really good, but my wife wasn't to hip on trying it so I fixed it ahead of time and split it up for lunches. It's a very hardy dish and I think it would be great to spice it up like a chili this fall. The only thing that makes me shy away from making this recipe again is that 1 cup is 450 calories, and that's pretty well all the calories you need in one meal. But it will fill you up and keep you full, so that helps.
Ingredients
1 1/2 lb. beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, chopped (I used Turkey Bacon so it may cut down on a few calories)
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, rinsed
3/4 cup Kraft original BBQ sauce

Directions
Cook steak strips in deep large nonstick skillet or dutch oven on medium-high heat 3 min. or just until no longer pink in centers. Remove to plate
Add bacon to skillet; cook on medium heat 1 min. Add onions and peppers; mix well. Cook 6 min. or until bacon is done and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and barbecue sauce; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min.
Return steak and any juices from plate to skillet; cook 1 to 2 min. or until steak strips are done, stirring occasionally.


Sig

1 comment:

  1. My husband is all about dishes like this too! Definitely something we will have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...