Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tropical Lemonade

This last weekend we celebrated my Mother-in-laws birthday as well as my wife's aunts and uncles. For some time now I've been wanting to throw a Luau, I mean it is summer and what could be more summer then that? I decided the best place to start was with drinks, after a little search on the web I found a recipe for Tropical Lemonade and that's what I decided to go with. But, when I went to the store to buy the ingredients I couldn't find all of what I needed, again the Super Target fails me, so I got creative. I used many of the same ingredients, did with out some, and changed the amounts. What I got was a smash hit! Unfortunately though, I made enough for every one to have just one drink which was around 8 servings, so be prepared to make more of this fruity beverage. Also, I chose to use Vodka to spike the punch bowl, but this drink would likely be really good with a flavored Rum.

Tropical Lemonade
1 can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1-1/2 cups water
3-1/2 cups gingerale
Vodka to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...