Monday, July 19, 2010

Veggie Puree's

Many of the recipes that I use from Deceptively Delicious call for vegetable purees and I simply don’t have time to cook these at the same time as making the meals, so I do it before. Making the vegetable purees is incredibly simple and easy. To make them you will need a steamer, either the metal basket kind that you put into a large pot or one of those specialty units and a food processor or blender. Jessica lists off, in Deceptively Delicious cook book, cooking times for most of the popular veggies, most of them I just cook them tell I can cut them with a regular kitchen table knife. When I can do that I put them in the blender, add a little water from steaming them, and then blend until smooth. Once that’s done I put them in ice cube trays, put them in the freezer and I'm done. I have found that about four cubes equal about ½ cup thawed, just throw them in the microwave for a minute to thaw them, or you can throw them into the blender the next time you make a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...