Friday, July 16, 2010

Fruit Smoothies

Smoothies are a wonderful summer time treat and a great way to sneak in some veggies with your little ones. This is another one of those foods that appeals to our naughty tastes, but it can be so good for you. If you need a quick and simple breakfast, or maybe even a healthy post workout snack, just add a scoop of whey protein and you good to go. In fact, when I make these for my little girl I like to throw in some frozen veggie purees. I like to keep my simple and follow the measurements on the back of the Market Pantry Frozen Fruit packages. But don’t be afraid to experiment; who knows what fun flavors you can come up with.

-1 cup Market Pantry frozen fruit
-1/2 cup yogurt (any yogurt will do, don’t be afraid to add a flavored one if you like)
-1/2 cup fruit juice (I will substitute this with whole milk for my little one, just to be sure she’s getting something more)

1. Combine all ingredients in blender container, cover
2. Blend until smooth, stirring if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...