Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grilled Tot's and Corn on the Cob!

I've been wanting to expand just what I'm cooking on the grill this year and I came up with the idea of trying tator tot's on the grill. Now I know this is probably taking things a bit far, but they were absolutely delicious! They were a huge hit at dinner and added a wonderful flavor that baking in the oven just doesn't have. I cooked them on a grill sheet that is stainless steel and has a bunch of the wholes to allow the heat and smoke to come through and into the food. I also sprayed them down with some Pam and used a large flipper to continually turn them to help prevent them from burning. This is one of those dishes that can not be left unattended as they can burn quite quickly and need to be turned a lot to keep them cooking even. I hope you give it a try because it's so worth trying.
I also cooked some corn on the grill that night and it was the first time that our little girl had corn on the cob, she was thrilled to get the chance to try it. When I told her that she was going to get to try corn on the cob for dinner she began dancing and jumping around the room yelling "Yea! Corn on the Cob!!!". It was so much fun to see her so excited to get to try something new and she loved it. I cut the ear of corn into thirds and she cleaned off her one serving with a grin and butter from ear to ear.
This is how I fix my corn on the cob and my wife loves it, mainly because she LOVES garlic.Tear enough foil to cover one ear of corn, coat the corn with a thin layer of butter, season with garlic salt and wrap in foil. It's that easy! Now just place the corn on the grill for about 25-30 minutes at medium-high heat and your done. I found that placing the corn on the warming rack of my gas grill before I put anything else on or even have anything else ready to go is the best way to do it. The corn comes out tasty, not over cooked, but cooked through and perfect every time.
Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...