Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry

In my house oriental food of any kind is only really popular with me, my wife isn't so big on it. The only time I can get her to eat oriental is at the Japanese Steakhouse down the road from our house. But with having a little one going out to eat is a challenge. So when I found this recipe  at Kraft Foods for Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry, I jumped at it. It's got a touch of traditional stir-fry flavor but doesn't go over board, which is a huge plus with my wife and apparently with my 17 month old who ate a fair amount of it.

1lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp. Oil
3 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (red and green bell peppers, baby carrots, mushrooms, snow peas)
1 clove garlic, minces
1/4 cup Kraft Catalina dressing
2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
1/4 tsp. Crushed red pepper
2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice

Cook and stir chicken in hot oil in large skillet on high heat 3 min.
Add vegetables and garlic; cook ans stir 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is lightly browned.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except rice; cook 2 min. or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...