Thursday, February 23, 2012

Puppy Chow!


I have apparently been spoiling my wife with sweets, because every day we don't have something sweet for her to eat she lets me know about it. Thankfully this time she requested something that's as delicious as it is addictive, which means it's not a good thing to have around if your on a diet, it's puppy chow! No not the stuff your actually feeding your puppy.......OK that's a horrible joke and incredibly lame but I couldn't help myself. But seriously, if you haven't heard of this stuff by now you have been living under a rock.

To make this recipe safe for my DD with a peanut allergy, I swapped the 1/2 cup of peanut butter for 1/2 cup of Sun Butter with excellent results.
Ingredients
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup peanut butter or 1/2 cup Sun Butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter, add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
2 Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated
3. Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...