Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake

It was the week of Thanksgiving and my wife was getting in the holiday spirit and asked me to fix something festive. She suggested I try a recipe she had pinned on Pinterest, it was a recipe from Smucker's for Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake. I looked it up and printed it off, as I was on my way to the store she had some recipe change requests, which I obliged and made the necessary changes. The original recipe calls for a chocolate Oreo crust, the picture looks to have some chocolate pieces mixed into the cheese cake but there's no mention of it in the directions. I prepared the recipe using a vanilla wafer crust and prepared the cheesecake as directed in the recipe, the end result was mediocre at best. The cheese cake it's self is dead on for the Holiday season, but I think the Oreo crust would have been a better pairing. I'm not sure yet if I will try this recipe again with the appropriate crust or let it go, I may give it another go for one of my Christmas get togethers.
Recipe as shown on Smuckers.com

Ingredients;
2 cups chocolate wafer cookie or sandwich cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Red food coloring (optional)
Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping (optional)

Directions;
1. Line 9 inch round cake or spring form pan with foil
2. Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press 2 cups crumbs firmly onto bottom and partway up sides of prepared pan. Chill.
3. Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired; mix well. Fold in whipped vreap. Pour filling into pan.
. Cover; freeze 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with fudge topping, if desired.

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...