Football season is underway and it won't be long before you'll need a warm meal to fill you up and keep you warm. Well then here's a dish that I fixed earlier this year that is warm, delicious, and incredibly healthy for you. It's a Turkey Meatball Sub that's loaded with flavor and is sure to please any one who want's a hearty meal while their busy keeping up with all the games on a Sunday afternoon.
1lb lean ground turkey
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 jar of favorite Spaghetti sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients and shape into 30 meatballs approximately 1" across.
2. Coat a large frying pan with enough olive oil to completely cover.
3. Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
4. Place spaghetti sauce in a medium pot and begin heating with medium heat. When meatballs have been cooked through place them in the pot of spaghetti sauce to keep warm.
5. Assemble subs by placing meatballs in a whole wheat hot dog bun, spoon spaghetti sauce over meatballs, and cover with shredded mozzarella.