Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ginger Snap Cookies

A few weeks ago we celebrated both my Mother-in-laws and Father-in-laws 50th birthday, which is only a small accomplishment. We hosted the party and I was put in charge of cooking, no surprise there and it took little to convince me to do so. So we fixed simple nachos, nothing exciting there. But for dessert I made ginger snap cookies and chocolate chip cookies, which I've done before. It was the first time I've fixed ginger snaps and it's a bit of an art form in getting the dough onto to the cookie sheet, but it's pretty easy to figure out just the same.
I love ginger snaps and these cookies did not disappoint. I'm sure I'll be making these again some time soon.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and was posted by Elaine.
Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup white sugar for decoration

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375ยบ F.
2 In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses mixture. Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until center is firm. Cool on wire racks.

Yields 36 cookies.

Sig

1 comment:

  1. Ginger Snap cookies were always my dad's cookie request when I wanted to bake cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...