Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken

I have been wanting to try using my Crock Pot to slow cook a chicken for some time and I finally got around to doing so. I didn't use a recipe but I did try to follow the simple procedure of placing it in the crock pot and cooking it for 4-5 hours on low, in fact I placed it in the Crock Pot fully frozen.
I knew I needed some flavor with it so I decided I would add a bottle of Wheat Budweiser and about 2 tbsp. of Liquid Smoke, which I will definitely have to up as there was little to no flavor added to the chicken. The final product was an incredible juicy meat with a mild taste of beer, it was delicious. Now the only downside to using the beer is it now has me craving doing a beer can chicken on the grill, something else I have yet to actually try. But I'm sure once I get the correct amount of Liquid Smoke it will be a decent substitute on an incredibly cold winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...