Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Father's Day BBQ

Finally setting down to type about how I spent my Father's day, the day where Dad get's to be lazy. If he wants to spend the morning in an easy chair with a cup of coffee and his paper it's his right! Well I'm not that type of Dad and my dream day was spent playing outside with my daughter while my Drum Smoker helped me cook up some great BBQ. I fixed ribs and chicken, as they only take the afternoon to cook and I wanted the practice for an upcoming competition my Dad and I have entered, but more on that later.
That's my barbecuing hat! My wife hates it and calls it my really goofy looking hat, which my daughter loves the hat and is usually trying to steal it off my head so she can wear it.
The ribs were a delicious and had amazing flavor, so that recipe is set for competition. I just need to work on my timing to get the right tenderness for competitions, which these were very close in that regards.
The chicken thighs were great, but I may change up how I marinade them for competitions. I did however have great flavor on them and I nailed the bite through skins, which I was really happy about.
I had a great day cooking for a family BBQ and every one that showed up had plenty of positive feedback and left with bellies full of good food. I can't think of a better way to spend Father's Day.
Sig

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything looks amazing. Can't wait to chat about grilling with you tonight on Google+. I hope talking with you will make some of my grilled foods look that good :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...