Thursday, September 23, 2010

Choclate Chip Cookies

I chose to do this recipe out of pure indulgence for something sweet and naughty, so much for sticking with the diet this week. It all started when I was at the grocery store picking up a few items that some how managed to get left of the grocery list that week. I made the mistake of walking down the baking aisle and when I passed the bags of chocolate chips they mysteriously jumped into my cart. I swear! Now this is the point where all rationality was lost and my sweet tooth, which I'm know for having a sever case of, won out.

This recipe comes from the Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer recipe book, and I need to find a recipe that makes far fewer cookies. The cook book list the servings at 54, while I didn't count them I would suspect I made in the neighborhood of 48-50. So as not to look like a complete pig, I packaged some up and sent them home with my in-laws.

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.
Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add baking soda, salt, and flour to sugar mixture and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 15 seconds.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees F four 10  to 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.

Now I'm sure not everyone really wants to know how the nutrition value of these chocolate chip cookies, but since it's listed in the cookbook, here you go.
1 Cookie Per Servings:about 117 calories, 1 G protein, 17 G carb, 5G fat, 8 mg Chol, 106 mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...