Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grilled Peach Salad!

The cooler weather has finally arrived and I was able to get in some much needed grill time. I chose to do something new, something I honestly don't do enough of and that involves grilling fruit. The intense heat and smoke makes for such an intense flavor it's unreal, I highly suggest you try it. I'm sure this recipe will be a repeat as it is incredibly healthy and loaded with flavor. My little girl loved the grilled peaches and I served it with a little chicken breast, for protein, and some diced tomatoes. Also I grilled the romaine lettuce which is really quick and adds even more flavor. To grill the lettuce place the lettuce on the grill just long enough to get grill marks, were not looking to wilt the lettuce just a quick grill for looks and flavor.

From Kraft's Food & Family 2011 Summer edition
Prep 15 min. Total 23 min. Makes 10 servings.
what you need
3 fresh peaches pitted, quartered
2 Tbsp. oil
8 cups torn romaine lettuce
1/2 cup coarsely chopped Planters deluxe Whole Cashews(I omitted these as there is always a possibility of cross contamination of tree nuts and peanuts.)
6 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon, cooked, coarsely crumbled(I used turkey bacon which is a great healthy alternative)
1/2 cup Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Dressing; I used Ranch since no one in the house is big on blue cheese dressing

Make it
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush peaches with oil. Grill 3 to 4 min. on each side or just until tender and heated through. Cool slightly.
Cut each peach piece in half. cover platter with lettuce; top with peaches, nuts and bacon.
Drizzle with dressing.

Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...